Buying a firearm online is easier than you might think.
PURCHASE YOUR NEW FIREARM ONLINE IN 6 EASY STEPS
STEP 1: Choose a Firearm
Choose a firearm from our online inventory
STEP 2: Add your Firearm to the cart and checkout
In checkout the shipping section is where your FFL's address will go
STEP 3: Locate your local FFL Dealer
Find your preferred FFL and enter your FFL's address in the shipping address
STEP 4: Have the FFL dealer email us the signed FFL
Ask the FFL to email a copy of their FFL licence to us at FFL@texasgunexperience.com
STEP 5: We ship your firearm to the FFL Dealer you have chosen
Next we package up and ship your item to the FFL you picked
STEP 6: You pick up the firearm from the FFL
Contact the FFL to confirm they have your order. Then visit the FFL and pay the transfer fee to receive your order.
Transfering a firearm to our FFL?
THE OUTLINE BELOW WILL GUIDE YOU THROUGH THE ONLINE ORDER PROCESS:
- Locate the firearm(s) on our retail site ShopTexasGunExperience.com
- Be sure to add the exact item(s) you want to order in the shopping cart. Please note, firearms orders should be placed separately from ammunition and other items that do not require an FFL.
- Enter your payment information to complete the order using our secured checkout.
- Your credit card will be pre-authorized, but not charged until your order is ready to ship out.
- Find and locate an FFL dealer in your area to accept your firearm transfer. Click on our FFL Dealer Locator Tool to find the FFL that works best for you.
- Next have the FFL dealer email (FFL@TexasGunExperience.com) or fax (817-285-0664) a copy of a valid and signed FFL license (The email/fax should include your Name and your order number from ShopTexasGunExperience.com California orders should also include a CFLC number).
- Then once all the required paperwork is received, we will prepare your order for shipment.
- This is when your credit card is processed and charged.
- The order will then be given to a freight forwarder like UPS or FedEx.
- You will receive a tracking number to check the status of the shipment. (Simply copy and paste that number into a google search to check on it's status)
- Some FFL dealers will notify you when your shipment arrives, and others may not, so you may need to call them after you see that the freight forwarder delivered your firearm to the FFL.
- Next you will need to go the FFL dealer’s you've chosen's physical location to fill out ATF paperwork and complete the transfer.
- If you are located in the Grapevine/DFW area you can choose in-store pick-up to pick up your purchase from our Retail Store and avoid paying a transfer fee -DIRECTIONS HERE
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES OF FIREARMS:
It's important to take all the necessary steps in order to inspect your firearm prior to completing the transfer. All firearm sales are final. Once the firearm is transferred into your name, we will not be able to accept it back as a return or exchange for any reason. If the item is found to be defective after the transfer is completed, you will need to contact the manufacturer of the firearm to repair or replace it.
BUYING FIREARMS ON THE INTERNET GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS:
Federal law stipulates that firearms may only be shipped from one FFL dealer to another one. As an individual, you either have to maintain a valid FFL dealer license or have your firearm shipped to a business, agency or an individual who is a holder of a valid FFL.
You must also be 21 years of age or older at the time of the transaction if you are purchasing a handgun. If you are purchasing any other firearm you must be 18 years old at the time of transaction. By submitting your order you are formally acknowledging that you are familiar with your local regulations and you are of a legal age to engage in the transaction.
Customers Responsibilities – when purchasing firearms online from ShopTexasGunExperience.com.com it is your responsibility to:
- Ensure and comply that the firearm you are purchasing is legal to own in your state. Click here for State Restrictions (the information is provided as a reference only – your local law enforcement agencies would have the most current regulations)
- Contact receiving FFL dealer to make sure they are aware about the arrival of your firearm at their location
- Contact receiving FFL dealer to schedule pick up of your firearm(s)
- Complete all necessary paperwork when you pick up your firearm from the receiving FFL dealer
- Be aware that your local FFL dealer may have a processing fee to complete the transfer (if unsure of the amount – call your dealer in advance). This fee is paid directly to the receiving FFL dealer at the time of the transfer.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How much do FFL dealers charge to transfer a firearm?
It depends on the dealer. Most dealers will charge $50 dollars for the service. You need to check with your FFL dealer that will be receiving the firearm to find out their exact rate.
What do I put in the SHIP TO address during checkout when purchasing a firearm online?
You have 4 options for SHIP TO field:
- If you have a valid FFL – enter the address that matches the address on your FFL
- If you have a gun shop, pawn shop or gunsmith with a valid FFL that you have done business with before – enter their address into SHIP TO field.
- If you do not know a local FFL dealer – you will need to locate one using our FFL Dealer Locator Tool.
- If you are picking up the gun from our Grapevine, Texas location choose In-Store Pick-Up as the shipping option.